John Bethell Title Company, Inc.
We are seeking a detailed oriented, analytical, and professional individual to join our administrative team as a bookkeeper. This position is full-time. This position reports to the Executive Vice President and will provide valuable information to members of the management team.
Job duties include:
- General ledger accounting
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Book journal entries
- Accurate and timely accounts payable
- Reconcile various operating accounts
- Identify and report to management problem areas such as waste, mismanagement, fraud and theft
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for management, government agencies, and employees
- Prepare and maintain accurate payroll, tax withholding, wage garnishments and insurance deductions
- Prepare payroll taxes and daily, monthly or quarterly tax deposits for the state, IRS, unemployment agencies and insurance companies
- Agency/Underwriter remittance
- Prepare daily and monthly fiduciary account reconciliations
- Maintain confidentiality of company records
- Ensure essential forms and paperwork are completed and stored securely
- Monitor costs of supplies, office expenses, rent, utilities and other fixed and variable costs; And report significant variances to management
- Five years bookkeeping experience
- An Associate’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- QuickBooks proficiency
- Managing and configuring multiple accounts
- preparing all common general ledger reports
- reconciling accounts
- preparing budgets
- setting up employees and administering payroll
- MS Office and intermediate Excel proficiency
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Please use the upload tool on this page to tell us why you’re the kind of person that we should hire and also include a description of your experience. No phone calls please.